Summer can get very taxing on parents as children get bored and they are very vocal about that. Or they end up trying to spend the day on electronics, watching tv, or starring at you until you come up with a cool idea (or are my kids the only ones who do this?) I found a list of over 180 ideas to keep your kids from being bored and driving you crazy this summer!
Check it out here at Teachbesideme.
Some of my favorite were:
- Make a pinata– we did something similar using a paper lantern as the base.
- Learn to sew or knit- we did some of the projects last year and I hope to do a few more this year! My daughter loved to try it out.
- Make Ice Cream in a Bag– ohhh we are very curious to make this!
- Camp in the Backyard- we are going camping at a campsite as a family for the first time next week but I am looking forward to trying this one with the kids also
- Planetarium- We did this today and it was a blast! My science loving son answered tons of questions the announcer asked and my daughter seemed pretty excited. Little one fell asleep but it had been a busy day so I don’t blame him.
- Movie Theaters- so many of the movie theaters have $1 movies check your local theater to see what they offer.
- Zoo- oh the zoo! We have a membership to our local zoo and we love it. Although during the summer it is very hot here we still enjoy going when we can.
We are going to be doing several things from the list and I hope you do as well!